Press Releases – 2023
Please find below press releases on behalf of my clients. They are in PDF format and can be opened and printed as needed:
18 December: BEAT THE JANUARY BLUES AT A NEW WEEKLY ‘CHATTY CAFÉ’ AT CHESHIRE’S NATIONAL WATERWAYS MUSEUM
- Beat the January blues by dropping in on the Canal & River Trust charity at their new weekly ‘Chatty Café’ on ‘Warm Up Wednesday’ in the National Waterways Museum in Ellesmere Port… Read more.
7 November:RESTORING TODDBROOK RESERVOIR COMMUNITY ARTS PROJECT LAUNCHED
- A specialist outdoor mural artist has been brought in to work on the Toddbrook Reservoir restoration project by the Canal & River Trust charity to decorate two round turret structures being created as part of a new overflow spillway next to Whaley Bridge Memorial Park… Read more.
6 November:ALL ABOARD FOR SANTA BOAT CRUISES ON CHESHIRE’S WATERWAYS AT ANDERTON BOAT LIFT AND ELLESMERE PORT MUSEUM
- Father Christmas and his elves are joining with the Canal & River Trust charity to give families fantastic festive fun on Santa boat cruises next month at Cheshire’s leading waterway attractions – the National Waterways Museum in Ellesmere Port, and the Anderton Boat Lift in Northwich… Read more.
29 September: FULL STEAM AHEAD FOR NATIONAL WATERWAYS MUSEUM ‘MINIATURE STEAM WEEKEND’
- The glory of steam power will be celebrated by the Canal & River Trust charity with a special ‘Miniature Steam Weekend’ at Cheshire’s National Waterways Museum in Ellesmere Port on Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 October… Read more.
21 June: Join Kingsley Players Youth Theatre for an outdoor summer production of ‘Babe, the Sheep Pig’
- Award-winning Kingsley Players Youth Theatre will be back on stage for four performances of ‘Babe, the Sheep Pig’ – a comic tale of farmyard high adventures that became the hit movie ‘Babe’… Read more.
16 June: RESTORING TODDBROOK RESERVOIR – CONSTRUCTION MILESTONE, CELEBRATING INTERNATIONAL WOMEN IN ENGINEERING DAY
- The Canal & River Trust charity, which cares for Toddbrook Reservoir in Whaley Bridge, celebrates a major milestone this month, with the installation of nearly 1,000 sheet piles forming the route of the new £15 million overflow spillway channel – a fundamental part of the design that will bring the reservoir back into use…. Read more.
5 June: AMAZING WOMEN CELEBRATED IN NEW SPECIAL EVENT AT WATERWAYS MUSEUM IN ELLESMERE PORT
- Amazing Women through history are the focus for a new day of public celebration and exploration on Sunday 25 June at the National Waterways Museum in Ellesmere Port, hosted by the Canal & River Trust waterways and wellbeing charity… Read more.
9 May: Best-ever’ Weaver Words Literature Festival a great success
- Weaver Words 2023, Frodsham’s sixth literature festival, rates as the ‘best-ever’ according to organisers, after delivering nine days of fantastic events, speakers, writing workshops and a Pop-up Poetry Wall at Frodsham Community Centre… Read more.
24 April: CELEBRATING THE CORONATION OF KING CHARLES III IN CHESHIRE
- The coronation of King Charles III on Saturday 6 May will be celebrated in towns and villages across Cheshire, supported by the monarch’s representative in the county, the Lord Lieutenant Lady Redmond MBE, and her deputies… Read more.
1 March: Weave New Words at Frodsham Literature Festival!
- Calling all budding writers – get creative at Cheshire’s Weaver Words Literature Festival this spring. £500 prize money is on offer for the best bite-sized short stories of 300 words or less in the Frodsham Flash Fiction Prize, sponsored by RSK group based in Helsby. Deadline is 7 April 2023… Read more.
28 February: Kingsley Players Youth Theatre stages premiere of National Theatre play ‘Model Behaviour’
- Kingsley Players Youth Theatre has been selected to take part in the National Theatre youth Connections drama festival for the second year running… Read more.
15 February: PUBLIC OPEN DAY OFFERS BEHIND-THE SCENES VIEW OF TODDBROOK RESERVOIR RESTORATION WORK
- The Canal & River Trust charity and Kier construction company are to host a joint public open day on Wednesday 15 March at Toddbrook Reservoir in Whaley Bridge, offering visitors a unique behind-the-scenes view of the two-year, £15 million restoration project that will bring the reservoir back into active use… Read more.
13 February: Weaver Words Literature Festival is Back!
- Poet laureate Simon Armitage and TV drama legend Sir Phil Redmond head an impressive line-up of talks, events, workshops and competitions at Cheshire’s sixth Weaver Words Literature Festival, based at Frodsham Community Centre… Read more.
25 January: Kingsley Players stage a new musical version of ‘Wind in the Willows’
- Ratty, Mole, Badger and Toad will be on stage in Kingsley at the end of January in a new musical version of Kenneth Graham’s much-loved classic story, ‘Wind in the Willows’, first premiered at the London Palladium in 2017… Read more.