Press Releases – 2022
Please find below press releases on behalf of my clients. They are in PDF format and can be opened and printed as needed:
19 December: CANAL CHARITY AND CHESTER ZOO JOIN FORCES TO SAVE CHESHIRE’S RARE NATIVE BLACK POPLAR TREES
- A clump of rare native black poplar trees has been planted along the River Weaver Navigation, near Northwich, in Cheshire, in a joint rescue mission to preserve the species by the Canal & River Trust waterways and wellbeing charity and Chester Zoo.
19 December: CANAL CHARITY AWARDED £574,000 FROM THE NATIONAL LOTTERY HERITAGE FUND TO PREPARE MAJOR PROJECT AT ANDERTON BOAT LIFT AND VISITOR CENTRE
- The Canal & River Trust charity has been awarded a £574,000 grant from The National Lottery Heritage Fund to support the development of a major repair and refurbishment project and extensive community engagement plan at Anderton Boat Lift, Cheshire’s Cathedral of Canals, near Northwich… Read more.
26 October: Classic period comedy ‘Hobson’s Choice’ staged by Kingsley Players
- Award-winning Kingsley Players return to the stage this month to present Harold Brighouse’s classic Lancashire comedy ‘Hobson’s Choice’, set in 1880s Salford… Read more.
22 September: CONSTRUCTION PROJECT STARTS TO RESTORE TODDBROOK RESERVOIR
- Major construction work has now started to restore Toddbrook Reservoir in Whaley Bridge. The project is likely to cost around £15 million and take around two years to complete, with the reservoir due to reopen in late 2024… Read more.
2 September: CANAL CHARITY BRINGS FORWARD MACCLESFIELD CANAL REPAIRS
- The Canal & River Trust charity has created a small silver lining from this summer’s drought conditions by bringing forward a £200,000 major winter works repair project scheduled on the Macclesfield Canal, Bosley Lock Flight, in Cheshire… Read more.
26 October: ANDERTON BOAT LIFT WILL REOPEN IN MARCH 2023 AFTER £450K REPAIR PACKAGE
- The world’s first boat lift, Anderton Boat Lift, near Northwich, will reopen to boats in spring after a major £450,000 repair package this winter, the Canal & River Trust charity has confirmed… Read more.
17 August: Kingsley Players success at 2022 Cheshire Theatre Guild Awards
- Kingsley Players have enjoyed major success in the 2022 Cheshire Theatre Guild awards at Chester Little Theatre, winning four categories against strong competition from across the county… Read more.
5 August: WATERWAYS BROUGHT TO LIFE IN NEW ART EXHIBITION AT ELLESMERE PORT’S NATIONAL WATERWAYS MUSEUM
- Colourful canal boats, stunning river scenes and industrial heritage are the inspiration for a wonderful collection of water-themed paintings on display at a special Waterways art exhibition staged at Ellesmere Port’s award-winning National Waterways Museum this month… Read more.
1 July: CHARITY CELEBRATES 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF ROCHDALE CANAL RESTORATION – the ‘EVEREST OF CANALS’
- Britain’s first trans-Pennine canal, the Rochdale Canal, celebrates the 20th anniversary of its full restoration this month (July). Once an artery for trade during the industrial revolution, today’s canal is a haven for people and wildlife connecting Manchester city centre to Sowerby Bridge in West Yorkshire… Read more.
18 May: CHESHIRE ANGLING PROGRAMME HOPING TO ‘REEL-IN’ THOUSANDS OF NEW PARTICIPANTS THIS SUMMER
- Let’s Fish, the Canal & River Trust’s popular free angler taster sessions, are set to reel in a record year in Cheshire, with more than 20 events on offer across the county this Summer and Autumn… Read more.
10 May: VIP BOAT TRIP ABOARD ‘THE DANNY’ HERITAGE STEAMSHIP THANKS PARTNERS AND SUPPORTERS
- Award-winning heritage steamship, the ‘Daniel Adamson’, is celebrating six years of community engagement and education since it was restored and re-launched as a public passenger boat in 2016… Read more.
29 April: ANDERTON BOAT LIFT HOSTS MAJOR STEAM FESTIVAL AND 10K CHARITY RUN
- Anderton Boat Lift, Cheshire’s historic ‘Cathedral of Canals’ in Northwich, will be hosting two major public weekend events in May – a Steam Festival (7 & 8 May) and a 10K Run (Sunday 15 May)… Read more.
18 April: Kingsley Players stage hilarious Ray Cooney comedy ‘Funny Money’
- Award-winning Kingsley Players are back on stage this May for a production of Ray Cooney’s hilarious much-loved comedy ‘Funny Money’… Read more.
7 April: NATIONAL EASTER BOAT GATHERING RETURNS TO WATERWAYS MUSEUM IN ELLESMERE PORT
- The Easter Boat Gathering festival at the National Waterways Museum in Ellesmere Port returns this month after a three year gap due to Covid… Read more.
29 March: WORK STARTS ON PERMANENT RESTORATION OF TODDBROOK RESERVOIR
- The permanent restoration of Toddbrook Reservoir in Whaley Bridge begins this spring, following planning permission granted earlier this month by High Peak Borough Council to the Canal & River Trust charity… Read more.
18 March: NEW SEFTON CANAL HERITAGE TRAIL LAUNCHED
- Sefton’s fascinating canal history has been unlocked in a new heritage trail created by volunteers from the Canal & River Trust charity… Read more.
17 March: FIRST MASS PADDLE BOARD THROUGH ANDERTON BOAT LIFT TO MARK RESTORATION ANNIVERSARY
- The first mass paddle board through Anderton Boat Lift will be one of the highlights of a public celebration event to mark the 20th anniversary of the major restoration of Cheshire’s historic Cathedral of Canals in Northwich… Read more.
15 March: GREEN BIODIVERSITY AND WELLBEING BOOST FOR MANCHESTER’S CANALS
- Manchester’s city centre canals have been given a great green biodiversity and wellbeing boost, thanks to the Canal & River Trust charity and the government’s Green Recovery Fund… Read more.
4 March: AWARD-WINNING HERITAGE STEAM SHIP ‘THE DANNY’ FIRES UP FOR A RECORD CRUISING YEAR
- Award-winning heritage steamship, the ‘Daniel Adamson’, is firing up for a new record-breaking season of leisure cruises along the wonderful waterways of Cheshire and Merseyside… Read more.
25 January: Kingsley Players and KPYT back on stage with Peter Pan panto
- Fly to Neverland with Kingsley Players for a fantastic pantomime based on J.M. Barrie’s much-loved, classic fantasy tale Peter Pan – on stage at Kingsley Community Centre at the end of January (26th – 29th)… Read more.
19 January: ANDERTON BOAT LIFT HOSTS BEHIND-THE-SCENES PUBLIC OPEN WEEKEND (February 26 and 27)
- The Canal & River Trust invites people to go behind-the-scenes of Britain’s first boat lift, Anderton Boat Lift, Cheshire’s historic Cathedral of Canals, at a special free open weekend on Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 February… Read more.
4 January: RARE HISTORIC FURNITURE RETURNS HOME TO NORTON PRIORY
- A rare 17th century Antwerp collector’s cabinet and gilt George II side table have returned home to Norton Priory in Runcorn – a century after they are thought to have left the area… Read more.