Press Releases – 2012
Please find below press releases on behalf of my clients. They are in PDF format and can be opened and printed as needed:
12 December: Cheshire solicitor elected to serve North West on national STEP council
- Cheshire solicitor Stephen Lawson has been elected to represent North West solicitors, accountants, financial advisers and will-writers on the national council of The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)… Read more
26 November: DNA released to establish dead soldier’s paternity
- A battle to recognise a soldier killed in a Taliban bomb attack in March as the father of a five month old Warrington baby girl has finally been won… Read more
20 November: Double celebration for solicitor – brains and beauty!
- Solicitor Gemma Kelly is celebrating a double success this month – promotion at work and her first modelling contract… Read more
12 November: Printel sponsors new look Widnes Vikings FC
- Widnes creative design firm Printel has announced a major sponsorship deal with the community football club, Vikings FC… Read more
30 October: Human rights victory to help parents unjustly jailed by CSA
- Two North West lawyers have won a major human rights battle at the Court of Appeal to protect parents from being unjustly jailed by the Child Support Agency (CSA)… Read more
30 October: Kingsley Players step back in time to a Victorian Christmas.
- Get into the Christmas spirit early this year with Kingsley Players’ new musical production The Amazing Mr Scrooge…. Read more
19 October: QualitySolicitors Forshaws Davies Ridgway sponsors Warrington Town FC
- Warrington Town FC has received a major cash boost with a £1,000 sponsorship deal from local law firm QualitySolicitors Forshaws Davies Ridgway … Read more
12 September: Forshaws Davies Ridgway joins legal super brand, QualitySolicitors
- Cheshire law firm Forshaws Davies Ridgway LLP starts a new chapter in its history this month as part of the legal super brand, QualitySolicitors … Read more
10 September: Weaver Words Hailed a Success.
- Weaver Words, Frodsham’s first literature festival was hailed a success as it closed on Sunday after 12 days of talks, workshops and events…. Read more.
Download a collage of pictures from the Festival.
1 August: Dare devil legal eagles’ charity sky dive.
- A daring sky dive over the Shropshire countryside has helped two secretaries from Warrington law firm Forshaws Davies Ridgway to raise more than £700 for charity… Read more.
17 July: Tuning up for Weaver Words, Frodsham’s First Literature Festival
- Former Cheshire Poet Laureate Andrew Rudd and virtuoso violinist Daniel Axworthy are weaving together a magical evening of poetry and music to open Weaver Words, Frodsham’s first Literature Festival… Read more.
22 June: Forshaws Davies Ridgway joins legal super brand, QualitySolicitors.
- Cheshire law firm Forshaws Davies Ridgway (FDR) has been exclusively selected to represent the legal super brand, QualitySolicitors, in Warrington, Stockton Heath and Frodsham… Read more.
20 June: Warrington’s absent parents to be given new rights over their children
- Warrington’s absent parents could soon be given enhanced rights to be involved with their children under new ‘shared parenting’ proposals outlined by the Government, local law firm Forshaws Davies Ridgway (FDR) has advised… Read more.
18 June: Great Weaver Words Story Prize Launched
- A new children’s story writing competition has been launched by award-winning Calendar Girls writer, Tim Firth, patron of Weaver Words… Read more.
10 June: Weaver Words, New Frodsham Literature Festival Glittering Line-up
- A glittering literary feast of events, talks and workshops is now confirmed for Weaver Words, Frodsham’s new 12 day literature festival… Read more.
7 June: Widnes Design Firm Celebrates 21st Birthday
- Widnes creative media firm, Printel Design, is marking a double Jubilee this month… Read more.
9 May: Rosamond Prize Winners
- Manchester composer Michael Betteridge and poet Lynn Pegler have struck the right note in the prestigious Rosamond Prize competition… Read more.
8 May: Cheshire Medical Herbalist consultant on new Readers Digest health book
- Cheshire medical herbalist Amanda Cutbill has used her professional knowledge to advise on a new Readers Digest book, Traditional Wisdom Rediscovered … Read more.
26 April: Warrington’s new will disputes champion
- Warrington residents wanting to challenge wills, trusts or inheritance rights now have their own legal champion based in town centre solicitors, Forshaws Davies Ridgway (FDR) … Read more.
25 April: Human rights battle to help parents unjustly jailed by CSA
- Thousands of parents are being unfairly threatened with a prison sentence every year for failing to pay child maintenance, according to Cheshire solicitor, Stephen Lawson … Read more.
18 April: Kingsley Players add a touch of Arsenic
- Kingsley Players are back with their popular supper and theatre presentations and a production of Joseph Kesselring’s hilarious black comedy, ‘Arsenic and Old Lace’ … Read more.
3 April: Frodsham solicitor appointed to protect children
- Vulnerable children now have a new legal champion to protect their rights – Frodsham solicitor Karah Lane … Read more.
2 April: 2012 Halton’s Business and Tourism Award Winners
- Paragon PE, an innovative germ-killing manufacturing firm from Widnes, has made a clean sweep of the top awards at the 2012 Halton Business and Tourism Awards … Read more.
22 February: Shortlist announced for Halton’s Business and Tourism Awards
- Finalists shortlisted for Halton’s Business and Tourism Awards 2012 have just been announced. Their nominations will now be scrutinised by an expert judging panel and the winners presented with prizes at a glittering awards ceremony to be held at The Heath Business Park’s newly refurbished Orchard Suite on Friday 30th March. … Read more.
25 January: Kingsley Players are Off to See the Wizard
- Kingsley Players invite you to fly ‘Over the Rainbow’ for their January production, The Wizard of Oz… Read more.
20 January: New Literature Festival launched in Frodsham
- A new 12 day literature festival, “Weaver Words”, is to be launched in Frodsham this summer… Read more.
16 January: Going for Gold at Halton’s Business and Tourism Awards
- Time is running out for Halton’s stars of business and tourism going for gold at the annual awards… Read more.
Weaver Words 2012.
View more pictures from the Festival.
Deborah Coppack and Martina Hughes parachuted out of an aircraft in a tandem jump over Tilstock Airfield, near Whitchurch.
Launching the new Weaver Words Literature Festival brochure are festival volunteers from Helsby High School, sixth form students, (left to right) Hannah Bergstrand, George Crawford Hunt and Laura Pegler.
Kingsley Players – Dispensing arsenic are four members of the cast: (left to right) seated – Sue Blanchard and Tanya Leyshon, standing – Colin Smith and James Partington.
Kara Lane from Forshaw Davies Ridgway who has just been appointed to the Law Society Children’s Panel
Weaver Words is launched at Frodsham’s Old Hall Hotel, one of the literature festival venues.
Off to the see the Wizard