Press Releases – 2021
Please find below press releases on behalf of my clients. They are in PDF format and can be opened and printed as needed:
17 December: ANDERTON BOAT LIFT CELEBRATES RESTORATION 20th ANNIVERSARY
- Britain’s first boat lift, Anderton Boat Lift, Cheshire’s Cathedral of Canals, is preparing to lift off for a year of celebrations to mark the 20th anniversary of its millennium restoration… Read more.
13 December: NORTH WEST WATERWAYS GET A £16.5M WINTER MAKEOVER
- The Canal & River Trust, the waterways and wellbeing charity, is investing £16.5million on carrying out specialist repairs, upgrades and maintenance work to the North West’s historic waterways this winter… Read more.
5 November: HISTORIC CHESHIRE BRIDGE GETS IN THE SWING AGAIN, THANKS TO £300,000 REPAIR BY CANAL CHARITY
- Britain’s first electrically-operated floating swing bridge, Northwich Town Bridge, is swinging again, thanks to a £300,000 repair by the Canal & River Trust charity… Read more.
21 October:RESTORING TODDBROOK RESERVOIR – CANAL CHARITY SUBMITS PLANNING APPLICATION FOR MAJOR REPAIR
- The restoration of Toddbrook Reservoir in Whaley Bridge takes a major step forward this month with submission of a planning application for its permanent repair by the Canal & River Trust charity… Read more.
4 October: NEW COMMUNITY TEXTILE WALL HANGING CELEBRATES CHRIST CHURCH CROWTON’S 150TH ANNIVERSARY
- A stunning new textile wall hanging, created to mark the 150th anniversary of Christ Church Crowton, was blessed by the Bishop of Chester, the Rt Revd Mark Tanner, at a special Harvest Festival service on Sunday 3 October… Read more.
24 September: CANAL CHARITY WAGES FIGHT AGAINST INVASIVE WEEDS ON LANCASTER CANAL
- Waterways and wellbeing charity, the Canal & River Trust is waging a major battle to control invasive weeds on the Lancaster Canal… Read more.
17 September: DISCOVER NEW WAYS TO ENJOY SEFTON’S CANAL
- The Canal & River Trust charity is encouraging Sefton residents to join in with new creative arts projects and walking and paddling activities this autumn along the beautiful Leeds & Liverpool Canal… Read more.
25 August: HISTORIC ANCHOR NOW ANCHORED AT ANDERTON BOAT LIFT
- A historic 19th century commercial boat anchor, rescued from the bottom of the River Weaver Navigation, has been given a new home on display at the foot of Anderton Boat Lift, Britain’s Cathedral of the Canals, in Northwich… Read more.
29 July: JOIN IN NEW SUMMER FUN ON CHESHIRE’S WATERWAYS
- Join in summer fun on Cheshire’s beautiful waterways with a host of activities and events organised by the Canal & River Trust waterways and wellbeing charity… Read more.
9 July: CANAL CHARITY’S NEW UNDERWATER ROBOT IS A GAME CHANGER FOR RESERVOIR MAINTENANCE
- A new underwater robot, trialled by the Canal & River Trust on Carr Mill Reservoir near St Helens, will be a game changer for future reservoir maintenance, the charity has declared… Read more.
11 June: Join Kingsley Players down the rabbit hole for the premiere of a new play about Lewis Carroll & the real Alice
- This year marks the 150th anniversary of the publication of Alice’s Adventures Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll, born Charles Lutwidge Dodgson at Daresbury rectory in 1832… Read more.
7 June: EXHIBITION BY CANAL CHARITY’S FIRST PHOTOGRAPHER IN RESIDENCE LAUNCHED AT NATIONAL WATERWAYS MUSEUM ELLESMERE PORT
- Stunning waterway images by the Canal & River Trust’s first photographer in residence, Jonathan Goldberg, are being showcased in a special summer exhibition at the Trust’s National Waterways Museum in Ellesmere Port… Read more.
24 May: ‘STOP THE SPREAD OF HARMFUL WATERWAY PLANTS AND ANIMALS’ – CANAL CHARITY LAUNCHES NEW CAMPAIGN
- ‘Please stop the spread of harmful waterway plants and animals’ – this is the plea from the Canal & River Trust charity as it launches a major new awareness campaign in support of National Invasive Species Week… Read more.
14 May: ELLESMERE PORT NATIONAL WATERWAYS MUSEUM REOPENS TO VISITORS ON 20 MAY
- The Canal & River Trust charity’s National Waterways Museum at Ellesmere Port reopens to visitors on Thursday 20 May with a host of new attractions, after more than a year of closure due to the coronavirus lockdown… Read more.
6 May: NEW BOLTON WATERSIDE COMMUNITY ORCHARD BOOSTS WILDLIFE AND COMBATS FLOOD RISK
- A new waterside community orchard and woodland has been planted along a canal towpath near Bolton, on a slope between the Manchester, Bolton & Bury Canal and the River Irwell, to improve biodiversity and help protect the area from flooding… Read more.
23 March: NORTON PRIORY LAUNCHES NEW OUTDOOR THEATRE PROJECT
- A permanent repair plan for restoring Toddbrook Reservoir in Whaley Bridge, was announced today by the Canal & River Trust charity… Read more.
16 March: RESTORING TODDBROOK RESERVOIR – REPAIR PLAN ANNOUNCED
- An exciting programme of outdoor theatre is coming to Runcorn’s historic Norton Priory, thanks to the launch of a major new partnership with A Place for Us performing arts community interest company… Read more.
23 February: ANDERTON BOAT LIFT POISED FOR POST LOCKDOWN LIFT OFF!
- Britain’s Cathedral of the Canals, Anderton Boat Lift, is ready for lift off later this spring when Covid-19 lockdown restrictions are lifted… Read more.
31 January: Keeping our waterways clean and safe
- Water pollution can have a devastating effect on wildlife, so protecting the region’s rivers, streams and canals from harmful run-off is a job in which many of the region’s farmers have an important role to play… Read more.
18 January: CHESHIRE’S OVER 55s INVITED TO BEAT WINTER LOCKDOWN BLUES BY JOINING WATERWAYS ‘WELLBEING AT HOME’ PROGRAMME
- Waterways and wellbeing charity, the Canal & River Trust is launching a new 12 week ‘Wellbeing at Home’ programme for Cheshire residents… Read more.