Press Releases – 2018
Please find below press releases on behalf of my clients, they are in PDF format and can opened and printed as needed:
19 October: New towpath solar lighting makes Stoke’s canals safer at night
- Waterside walkers and cyclists in Stoke-on-Trent will be safer at night this autumn, thanks to an innovative project to install solar lighting along popular stretches of the Trent & Mersey and Caldon canals… Read more.
17 October: Kingsley Players back on stage with ‘Pride and Prejudice’
- Award-winning Kingsley Players return in October with a special stage adaptation of Jane Austen’s ever popular 19th century novel ‘Pride and Prejudice’… Read more.
4 October: Boating Boost for Cheshire’s Weaver Navigation, Thanks to Canal Charity Dredging
- The River Weaver Navigation, in Cheshire, is ship shape again, thanks to a major dredging programme by the Canal & River Trust charity… Read more.
27 September: Canal Charity goes quackery with second International Duck Race over Chirk Aqueduct
- The Canal & River Trust charity is to host its second international, cross-border duck race over Chirk Aqueduct on Sunday 7 October… Read more.
25 September: Historic Northwich Bridge repaired by Canal Charity
- Northwich’s Hayhurst Bridge, the world’s first electrically-operated swing bridge, is to be updated with essential repairs by the Canal & River Trust charity… Read more.
24 September: Get active at Runcorn Shopping City’s new Ping Pong Parlour
- Get fit and have fun at a new free pop-up Ping Pong Parlour which has been installed at Shopping City Runcorn… Read more.
1 September: Kingsley Players storm to success in 2018 Cheshire Theatre Guild Awards
- Kingsley Players stormed to success in the 2018 Cheshire Theatre Guild awards by winning the county’s Best Overall Production for Goodnight Mr Tom, plus four other awards… Read more.
23 August: New boating pontoons to be installed at Barons Quay in Northwich
- Boats will soon be able to moor next to Barons Quay in Northwich, thanks to new pontoons being installed by Cheshire West and Chester Council and the Canal & River Trust charity… Read more.
8 August: Poppy sculpture treat for boaters and walkers on Trent & Mersey Canal near Stoke
- The Trent & Mersey Canal, near Stoke, offers a great vantage point for viewing the iconic poppy sculpture ‘Weeping Window’ by artist Paul Cummins and designer Tom Piper, which is now on display at Middleport Pottery until 16 September… Read more.
26 July: Thrillseekers at Wrexham World Heritage site Aqueduct targeted by Canal & River trust’s new “Pontysafety’ Campaign
- A new safety campaign has been launched by Glandŵr Cymru, the Canal & River Trust charity in Wales, to deter thrill-seeking stand-up paddle boarders and speeding cyclists from crossing Britain’s highest aqueduct at the Pontcysyllte Canal World Heritage Site in North Wales inappropriately… Read more.
20 July: Montgomery Canal picks up prestigious Green Flag award
- The Montgomery Canal has this week gained a Green Flag Award in recognition of its outstanding rural beauty, diverse wildlife and the enthusiastic commitment of volunteers… Read more.
11 July: Nantwich Canal history revealed in new interpretation panels at historic aqueduct
- Nantwich’s fascinating canal history is now revealed in new interpretation panels installed next to Thomas Telford’s historic aqueduct, known as ‘The Gateway to Nantwich’, recently restored by the Canal & River Trust charity… Read more.
4 July: Kingsley Players win record nominations for Cheshire Theatre Guild Awards
- Kingsley Players have won a record 16 nominations for the 2018 Cheshire Theatre Guild awards, which will be presented in Macclesfield next month… Read more.
22 June: Join a behind-the-scenes tour of Montgomery Canal Restoration
- The Canal & River Trust charity is inviting the public to take a rare behind-the-scenes look at a £4 million project to restore a section of the Montgomery Canal on the Shropshire Welsh border, near Oswestry… Read more.
4 June: Canal & River trust hosts engineering lesson at Middlewich Canal breach for local school children
- Youngsters from St Mary’s Primary School in Middlewich enjoyed a chance to be engineers for a day with the Canal & River Trust charity when they donned hard hats and high vis jackets to see a rare canal breach on their doorstep… Read more.
1 May: Autism-Friendly shopping launched at Shopping City Runcorn
- Shopping City Runcorn has become one of the first shopping centres in the country to make life easier for autistic children and adults by introducing a special weekly ‘Autism Shopping Hour’… Read more.
30 April: Weaver Words hailed a great success!
- Weaver Words, Frodsham’s fourth literature festival, has been hailed a great success… Read more.
13 April: Canal Charity refurbishes Nantwich Waterside playground – Official Opening
- A much-loved playground by the Shropshire Union Canal in Nantwich has been refurbished, thanks to the Canal & River Trust charity, WREN and Cheshire East Council… Read more.
9 April: Winter Facelift for Bosley 12 lock flight on Macclesfield Canal
- Cheshire’s impressive flight of 12 locks at Bosley, on the Macclesfield Canal, has been given a £240,000 winter facelift by the Canal & River Trust charity, ready for the start of the summer boating season… Read more.
27 March: Blast off into Shopping City’s new space station
- Calling all sci-fi fans! Shopping City Runcorn has been invaded by aliens and invites shoppers to boldly go into a new ‘Space Station’ filled with characters, props and costumes from hit films like Dr Who, Star Trek, Planet of the Apes and Star Wars… Read more.
26 March: Let’s Fish! New Middleport Community Angling Club launched with three free family fishing days
- The Canal & River Trust charity has joined forces with Middleport Matters Community Trust to launch a new community fishing club on the banks of the Trent & Mersey Canal in Staffordshire… Read more.
20 March: Heritage transport plaque awarded to Froghall Basing on Caldon Canal
- The Canal & River Trust charity has been presented with a coveted Transport Trust ‘Red Wheel’ plaque which will go on permanent display at Froghall Wharf, on the Caldon Canal in Staffordshire… Read more.
20 March: Weave New Words at Frodsham Literature Festival!
- Calling all budding writers – get creative at the Weaver Words Literature Festival in April… Read more.
15 March: Work starts on eco-friendly outdoor classroom at Greenwich Peninsula Ecology Park
- London residents will soon be able to get closer to nature, thanks to the construction of a new £200,000 outdoor classroom at Greenwich Peninsula Ecology Park… Read more.
27 February: Cheshire Paddle Boarding Club becomes first in UK to adopt a river section
- The Canal & River Trust charity has signed up its first ever paddle boarding club in a formal adoption agreement – to look after a stretch of the River Weaver Navigation in Cheshire… Read more.
21 February: Canal & River Trust boost for rare aquatic plants on Montgomery Canal
- Floating water plantain and other rare aquatic plants should soon be thriving again on a Montgomery Canal arm near Welshpool, thanks to the Canal & River Trust charity… Read more.
19 February: Weaver Words – inspiring the next generation
- Hundreds of North Cheshire schoolchildren are benefiting from an inspirational series of creative writing workshops as part of the Weaver Words Literature Festival… Read more.
16 February: North Wales and Borders Canals are popular hot spots with boaters
- North Wales and Borders canals are among the busiest in Britain, according to an annual survey of lock usage, published by the Canal & River Trust charity… Read more.
1 February: Land Trust charity lands in Wales
- The Land Trust, a national land management charity, is expanding its portfolio of services into Wales – and marked the launch with an event at the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff on Wednesday 31 January… Read more.
16 January: Canal & River Trust and Salford University joins forces on trail-blazing environmental DNA wildlife habitat project
- Fish rescue as Huddersfield Narrow Canal drained for £185,000 lock refurbishment project … Read more.
12 January: New angling club is a great catch for the Montgomery Canal
- The Canal & River Trust charity, which cares for 2,000 miles of canals, has just reeled in a new angling club to fish the beautiful waters of the Montgomery Canal in Powys… Read more.
12 January: Public consultation into future development around canal word heritage site ar Trevor Basin – new extra date
- A public consultation into future development around the canal World Heritage Site at Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, in North Wales, continues with an extra event on Monday 22 January 2018… Read more.
2 January: Weaver Words Literature Festival is Back!
- Gyles Brandreth and Ian McMillan lead impressive line up… Read more.
2 January: Land Trust charity calls for strong leadership to deliver the Government’s new 25 year plan to improve the environment
- The Government’s 25 year plan to protect and enhance the environment has won the backing of national land management charity, the Land Trust… Read more.