Press Releases – 2019
Please find below press releases on behalf of my clients, they are in PDF format and can opened and printed as needed:
17 July: KINGSLEY PLAYERS RECORD-BREAKING SUCCESS AT CHESHIRE THEATRE GUILD AWARDS
- Kingsley Players triumphed at the 2019 Cheshire Theatre Guild Awards held at Altrincham Little Theatre on July 17, winning a record-breaking six cups and 12 nominations… Read more.
21 June: LLANGOLLEN CANAL WORLD HERITAGE SITE 10TH ANNIVERSARY
- The Canal & River Trust charity in Wales, Glandŵr Cymru, is hosting a fantastic free celebration at Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, Trevor, near Wrexham, on Saturday 29 June to mark the 10th anniversary of the Llangollen Canal’s designation as a UNESCO World Heritage Site… Read more.
17 May: MAJOR LEAP FORWARD FOR MONTGOMERY CANAL RESTORATION
- Waterways and well-being charity, the Canal & River Trust has taken a major leap forwards this spring in the mammoth task to restore the beautiful Montgomery Canal on the Shropshire Welsh border… Read more.
14 May: RUNCORN SHOPPING CITY WINS NATIONAL AWARD FOR GROUND-BREAKING CHRISTMAS PROJECT FOR HOMELESS PEOPLE
- Big-hearted shoppers from Runcorn’s Shopping City have helped the centre win a major national award for their Christmas ‘#Warm the Streets’ Campaign… Read more.
3 May: LANCASTER CANAL BICENTENARY COMMUNITY ACTION CALL
- Get involved in discovering Lancaster Canal’s hidden gems – this is the call from a new project officer who has been appointed to promote the waterway’s rich heritage and leisure opportunities in South Cumbria… Read more.
18 April: CHESHIRE PADDLE BOARDING CLUB WINS ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD FOR RIVER ADOPTION WORK
- Hundreds of pieces of plastic waste and rubbish have been prevented from reaching the Irish Sea over the last year, thanks to a ground-breaking river adoption agreement between the Canal & River Trust charity and Mid Cheshire Stand Up Paddleboard Club… Read more.
11 April: KINGSLEY PLAYERS PREMIERE NEW PLAY ‘Peterloo’
- Award-winning Kingsley Players return with their popular theatre and supper shows this April and the premiere of an exciting new one act play ‘Peterloo’… Read more.
22 March: GO QUACKERS AT EASTER! DISCOVER MARPLE’S INDUSTRIAL HISTORY WITH LAUNCH OF NEW TRAIL, APP AND FAMILY ACTIVITY PACKS
- Discover Marple’s fascinating industrial history with the launch of a new walking trail, family activity pack and app focusing on the legacy of Stockport industrialist and canal entrepreneur Samuel Oldknow… Read more.
15 March: BARONS QUAY IN NORTHWICH BECOMES A NEW BOATING HOTSPOT
- Barons Quay leisure development in Northwich is set to become a popular boating destination, thanks to new mooring pontoons installed by Cheshire West and Chester Council and the Canal & River Trust charity… Read more.
11 March: FAST ACTING CANAL CHARITY SAVES FISH IN WIGAN CANAL POLLUTION INCIDENT
- Fast action from waterways and well-being charity, the Canal & River Trust, has saved many thousands of fish from dying in a pollution incident on the Leeds & Liverpool Canal in Wigan… Read more.
7 March: CANAL CHARITY’S HEDGE-LAYING HELPS MONTGOMERY CANAL WILDLIFE
- Dormice, squirrels, birds, and other wildlife along the Montgomery Canal are being given a major habitat boost thanks to a hedgerow-laying project organised by waterway and well-being charity, the Canal & River Trust… Read more.
7 March: STOKE CANALS MORE WELCOMING, THANKS TO NEW WAYFINDING SIGNS
- Stoke-on-Trent’s canals will be more accessible for walkers and cyclists from this spring, thanks to the installation of new Wayfinding signs… Read more.
25 January: BRITAIN’S HIGHEST, LONGEST AQUEDUCT, PONTCYSYLLTE, CELEBRATES 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF WORLD HERITAGE STATUS
- The Canal & River Trust charity in Wales, Glandŵr Cymru, this year celebrates the 10th anniversary of the World Heritage Site designation of Britain’s highest, longest navigable aqueduct, the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and 11 miles of the beautiful Llangollen Canal in North Wales… Read more.
17 January: ‘JOIN THE DAVES’ AND BECOME A VOLUNTEER LOCK KEEPER, CANAL CHARITY URGES
- ‘Join the Daves’ urges national waterways and well-being charity, the Canal & River Trust, as it launches a new campaign to recruit more volunteers to take on the iconic role of lock keeper across 2,000 miles of canals and rivers… Read more.
Film by North Star Digital. Written & directed by Lynn Pegler
15 January: KINGSLEY PLAYERS BACK ON STAGE WITH MAGICAL MUSICAL ‘DR DOLITTLE’
- Join award-winning Kingsley Players on an exciting journey to the magical world of Dr Dolittle at the end of January… Read more.
14 January: CALDON CANAL GETS £157,000 WINTER MAKEOVER
- The Canal & River Trust, the national waterways and wellbeing charity, is carrying out more than £157,000 worth of vital maintenance and repair work to the Caldon Canal in Staffordshire this winter… Read more.
2 January: NEW FREE YOUTH CLUB LAUNCHED BY SHOPPING CITY RUNCORN
- Runcorn youngsters are celebrating the New Year with the launch of a new free Youth Zone at the town’s Shopping City… Read more.