Press Releases – 2018
Please find below press releases on behalf of my clients, they are in PDF format and can opened and printed as needed:
4 July: Kingsley Players win record nominations for Cheshire Theatre Guild Awards
- Kingsley Players have won a record 16 nominations for the 2018 Cheshire Theatre Guild awards, which will be presented in Macclesfield next month… Read more.
22 June: Join a behind-the-scenes tour of Montgomery Canal Restoration
- The Canal & River Trust charity is inviting the public to take a rare behind-the-scenes look at a £4 million project to restore a section of the Montgomery Canal on the Shropshire Welsh border, near Oswestry… Read more.
4 June: Canal & River trust hosts engineering lesson at Middlewich Canal breach for local school children
- Youngsters from St Mary’s Primary School in Middlewich enjoyed a chance to be engineers for a day with the Canal & River Trust charity when they donned hard hats and high vis jackets to see a rare canal breach on their doorstep… Read more.
1 May: Autism-Friendly shopping launched at Shopping City Runcorn
- Shopping City Runcorn has become one of the first shopping centres in the country to make life easier for autistic children and adults by introducing a special weekly ‘Autism Shopping Hour’… Read more.
30 April: Weaver Words hailed a great success!
- Weaver Words, Frodsham’s fourth literature festival, has been hailed a great success… Read more.
13 April: Canal Charity refurbishes Nantwich Waterside playground – Official Opening
- A much-loved playground by the Shropshire Union Canal in Nantwich has been refurbished, thanks to the Canal & River Trust charity, WREN and Cheshire East Council… Read more.
9 April: Winter Facelift for Bosley 12 lock flight on Macclesfield Canal
- Cheshire’s impressive flight of 12 locks at Bosley, on the Macclesfield Canal, has been given a £240,000 winter facelift by the Canal & River Trust charity, ready for the start of the summer boating season… Read more.
27 March: Blast off into Shopping City’s new space station
- Calling all sci-fi fans! Shopping City Runcorn has been invaded by aliens and invites shoppers to boldly go into a new ‘Space Station’ filled with characters, props and costumes from hit films like Dr Who, Star Trek, Planet of the Apes and Star Wars… Read more.
26 March: Let’s Fish! New Middleport Community Angling Club launched with three free family fishing days
- The Canal & River Trust charity has joined forces with Middleport Matters Community Trust to launch a new community fishing club on the banks of the Trent & Mersey Canal in Staffordshire… Read more.
20 March: Heritage transport plaque awarded to Froghall Basing on Caldon Canal
- The Canal & River Trust charity has been presented with a coveted Transport Trust ‘Red Wheel’ plaque which will go on permanent display at Froghall Wharf, on the Caldon Canal in Staffordshire… Read more.
20 March: Weave New Words at Frodsham Literature Festival!
- Calling all budding writers – get creative at the Weaver Words Literature Festival in April… Read more.
15 March: Work starts on eco-friendly outdoor classroom at Greenwich Peninsula Ecology Park
- London residents will soon be able to get closer to nature, thanks to the construction of a new £200,000 outdoor classroom at Greenwich Peninsula Ecology Park… Read more.
27 February: Cheshire Paddle Boarding Club becomes first in UK to adopt a river section
- The Canal & River Trust charity has signed up its first ever paddle boarding club in a formal adoption agreement – to look after a stretch of the River Weaver Navigation in Cheshire… Read more.
21 February: Canal & River Trust boost for rare aquatic plants on Montgomery Canal
- Floating water plantain and other rare aquatic plants should soon be thriving again on a Montgomery Canal arm near Welshpool, thanks to the Canal & River Trust charity… Read more.
19 February: Weaver Words – inspiring the next generation
- Hundreds of North Cheshire schoolchildren are benefiting from an inspirational series of creative writing workshops as part of the Weaver Words Literature Festival… Read more.
16 February: North Wales and Borders Canals are popular hot spots with boaters
- North Wales and Borders canals are among the busiest in Britain, according to an annual survey of lock usage, published by the Canal & River Trust charity… Read more.
1 February: Land Trust charity lands in Wales
- The Land Trust, a national land management charity, is expanding its portfolio of services into Wales – and marked the launch with an event at the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff on Wednesday 31 January… Read more.
16 January: Canal & River Trust and Salford University joins forces on trail-blazing environmental DNA wildlife habitat project
- Fish rescue as Huddersfield Narrow Canal drained for £185,000 lock refurbishment project … Read more.
12 January: New angling club is a great catch for the Montgomery Canal
- The Canal & River Trust charity, which cares for 2,000 miles of canals, has just reeled in a new angling club to fish the beautiful waters of the Montgomery Canal in Powys… Read more.
12 January: Public consultation into future development around canal word heritage site ar Trevor Basin – new extra date
- A public consultation into future development around the canal World Heritage Site at Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, in North Wales, continues with an extra event on Monday 22 January 2018… Read more.
2 January: Weaver Words Literature Festival is Back!
- Gyles Brandreth and Ian McMillan lead impressive line up… Read more.
2 January: Land Trust charity calls for strong leadership to deliver the Government’s new 25 year plan to improve the environment
- The Government’s 25 year plan to protect and enhance the environment has won the backing of national land management charity, the Land Trust… Read more.