Press Releases – 2020
Please find below press releases on behalf of my clients, they are in PDF format and can opened and printed as needed:
29 June: NORTON PRIORY REOPENS ON SATURDAY 4 JULY
- Norton Priory, Halton’s much-loved historical visitor attraction, has launched a major fund-raising campaign to help ensure its future survival after the coronavirus pandemic… Read more.
29 June: CANAL & RIVER TRUST LAUNCHES NEW WRITING COMPETITION
- Could you be the next Bill Bryson? Waterways and wellbeing charity, the Canal & River Trust, has launched a search for a new generation of inspirational travel writers with the introduction of a summer writing competition, ‘Words on the Waterway’… Read more.
8 June: NORTON PRIORY LAUNCHES CRISIS FUND RAISING CAMPAIGN
- Norton Priory, Halton’s much-loved historical visitor attraction, will open its doors to the public again on Saturday 4 July… Read more.
1 June: CANAL CHARITY GIVES PUBLIC SAFETY BOOST TO CARR MILL RESERVOIR, ST HELENS
- Public safety at Carr Mill Reservoir, on the outskirts of St Helens, has had a boost with the installation of three new safety throw lines on the banks of the popular Merseyside beauty spot… Read more.
15 May: WORK STARTS ON £1 MILLION REPAIR PROJECT TO UPGRADE CARR MILL RESERVOIR, ST HELENS
- The Canal & River Trust charity, which cares for 2,000 miles of waterways, has started a major repair project to upgrade Carr Mill Reservoir on the outskirts of St Helens, Merseyside… Read more.
1 May: NAME THAT NATURE TUNE! CANAL & RIVER TRUST CHALLENGES CHILDREN TO BEAT THEIR GRANDPARENTS IN NEW ONLINE WILDLIFE QUIZ
- 40% of young people cannot identify the sound a duck makes!… Read more.
21 April: CALLING ALL ARMCHAIR ADVENTURERS – BIN THE BOX SETS AND PLAN THE NEXT ‘MUST DO’ CHALLENGE – ENGLAND’S FIRST COAST TO COAST CANOE TRAIL
- Coronavirus confinement at home may be frustrating, particularly for active people who are used to racing around outdoors and don’t have patience for streaming endless TV box sets… Read more.
1 April: NORTHWICH’S WINNINGTON BRIDGE REPAIRS POSTPONED DUE TO CORONAVIRUS
- A major project to repair Northwich’s Winnington Swing Bridge over the River Weaver Navigation has been postponed for several months due to the coronavirus outbreak… Read more.
22 March: NORTHWICH’S WINNINGTON BRIDGE REPAIRS – ORGANISATIONS WORK TOGETHER TO MINIMISE DISRUPTION
- The Canal & River Trust charity, Cheshire West and Chester Council and Cadent, the UK’s biggest gas distributor, are working closely together to minimise disruption to motorists during a vital £350,000 repair project on Northwich’s Winnington Swing Bridge… Read more.
18 March: Weaver Words Literature Festival postponed until next May
- Weaver Words Literature Festival, which was due to be staged in Frodsham from 29 April – 3 May, has sadly been postponed for a year due to the coronavirus outbreak… Read more.
10 March: ROCHDALE CANAL GETS £180,000 WINTER MAKEOVER
- The Canal & River Trust, the national waterways and wellbeing charity, has carried out more than £180,000 worth of repairs and upgrades to the Rochdale Canal, near Rochdale, this winter… Read more.
1 February: Weaver Words Literature Festival is Back!
- BBC radio legend Mark Radcliffe and Radio 4 comedian Mitch Benn head an impressive line-up of talks, events, workshops and competitions for Frodsham’s fifth Weaver Words Literature Festival, based at Frodsham Community Centre… Read more.
1 February: CANAL & RIVER TRUST CHARITY SAYS ‘THANK YOU’ TO WHALEY BRIDGE ATHLETIC FOOTBALL CLUB
- The Canal & River Trust charity has sponsored new sports shirts for the Whaley Bridge Football Club Under 12’s team as a ‘thank you’ for the club’s incredible contribution towards the Toddbrook Reservoir dam repair works… Read more.
27 January: Kingsley Players record success at NODA Awards
- Kingsley Players has enjoyed record success at the 2020 North West awards from NODA (National Operatic and Dramatic Association)… Read more.
27 January: BOOST FOR MOTORISTS CROSSING FRODSHAM’S SUTTON WEAVER SWING BRIDGE
- Motorists driving across Sutton Weaver Swing Bridge in Frodsham will soon have a smoother ride thanks to a repairs being carried out next week… Read more.
2 January: Kingsley Players back on stage with panto ‘Jack and the Incredible Beanstalk’
- Fee-fi-fo-fum! Award-winning Kingsley Players invite you to join them for an evening of panto fun as Jack and his Incredible Beanstalk take root on stage at Kingsley Community Centre in January… Read more.